Case Study Presentation:
Oct. 20, 2010
This instructional presentation will introduce several concepts of open education and emerging distance learning strategies that incorporate Web 2.0 technology and principles. The integration of podcasting as an instruction technique will be demonstrated.
Audience will be able to envision emerging educational environments that embrace open education resources including podcasts posted on Teacher Tube and ITunes University.
Set Induction-direct recall and prior knowledge from class assignment - specifically “Information Feudalism’s” final chapter (Chapter 14 - On the Importance of the Publicness of Knowledge) and its focus on the relationship between intellectual properties and universities.
Key Terms and Concepts:
* Paid online learning institutions
* Open education resources (wikis, open textbooks, learning management systems, 2.0 classrooms that utilize social networking concepts)
* Teacher Tube
* iTunes University
* What are some of the educational benefits to incorporating podcasting into the instructional strategies?
* What conflicts might occur from educational postcasting that could impact intellectual property as well as education?
* How will educational podcasting impact/shape the future of the educational system?